Relaxed Valentine's Day

This year for Valentine's Day, my bf and I are just having a quiet night in. My plan is for us to make a pizza together, have a glass of wine, and probably watch a chick flick (he actually likes certain ones, I swear!) and the Olympics. But just because we are staying in doesn't mean I don't still want to look cute!

We have been together for about 2.5 years now and I am grateful and lucky to have someone special in my life. When I moved to Nashville a little over 4 years ago, I didn't know a single person. It was daunting and lonely at times. But I slowly forced myself out of my comfort zone and agreed to any kind of social outing. I met a few friends, including my future bf, from work and we started going to group trivia nights.




I eventually moved out of my single apartment (a whole other dramatic story for another day) and found a shared house with 3 other girls closer to downtown/work. He lived a few streets over and we started commuting to work together every day (yay public transit!). That was how we really got to know each other and eventually started hanging out just to two of us. Then I finally agreed/realized that we were dating.


Since then, he's really been there for me and I think we form a great partnership. I struggled with anxiety and deciding my career path and he always supported me. Now he's totally switching careers and I'm glad to be there to support him through the transition. I'm so proud of him.



We now cohabitate and I've loved every minute of it. Although I've probably made most of the apartment more girly than he likes!


So this year, a relaxed night in is exactly what we need. My go-to for this feeling is always leggings. Any leggings. These ones are fleece lined! Next, a loose cardigan that hangs just right but still makes me feel cozy. I recently got this one from Target from the brand Universal Thread. I love it and I want more colors! To dress it up a little, I added this silky camisole with lace detail. I got this from a local boutique called Dress Up. And finally, I was so excited to find this necklace! I'm all about fashion on a budget. I've been lusting over the BaubleBar Aimee Y-chain necklace but haven't wanted to shell out the cash. This knock-off was $8 from F21. And I think it looks identical!

Check out my outfit details below.





Happy Valentine's!

Comments