Winter Subscription Boxes

One of my favorite things to treat myself with is beauty subscription boxes! Over the years, I've subscribed to a few, but have stuck with and discovered the best for me: Sephora Play and FabFitFun.

I've been getting Sephora Play for about a year now and I have yet to be disappointed with it. I love that it includes brands I know, love, and trust and that I can easily buy more/full sizes. That was something I struggled with when getting Ipsy and Birchbox. I liked trying out new brands but I never knew if I could trust them and half the time I couldn't buy the actual products.
Sephora Play is $10 a month.

My December box was one of the best I've gotten so far!


The theme was "Glam Straight" (so cute!) and the drawstring bag has an Art Deco feel to it. Very glamorous. Every box also comes with a 50 point perk you can use when buying anything at Sephora for the next month. Definitely comes in handy for building up my points faster!

I have been wanting to try a few of the brands that came in this month's box so the timing was perfect!

First, the bases. There is the Peter Thomas Roth (PTR) 24K Gold Highlighting Cream and the Laura Mercier eyeshadow base in Wheat. The PTR cream can be mixed in your foundation or worn on top as a cream highlighter. And the Laura Mercier base is the perfect shade for canceling out any redness or veining on the eyelid and keeps shadows in place all day.
Values: Laura Mercier $15.56, PTR $11.61



Next, the makeup! I was so excited to get an Anastasia lip gloss. And the color is the perfect everyday gloss. I have also been wanting to try Smashbox eyeshadows. I love their contour and highlighting kits and have wanted to expand. And these shadows are the perfect duo for on-the-go! And the pigmentation impressed me.
Values: Smashbox $6.50, Anastasia Beverly Hills $7.00


The next product is probably the one I was most excited about. I've been hearing great things about DryBar and have been waiting to take the plunge into more "expensive" hair care. So getting a travel size of the Triple Sec is absolutely perfect! You use it to extend your blowout and add texture. I like to spray it through my hair after I've blow dried or curled my hair for a finishing touch.
Value: DryBar $2.17

And finally, every Sephora Play box includes a perfume sample. This month's was Tom Ford's Black Orchid. Not gonna lie, this isn't my favorite scent but I was happy to see them include a luxury brand. And these are always great for me to throw in my purse or gym bag.
Value: Tom Ford $3.60

Overall value of December Sephora Play: $46.44!

Subscribe to Sephora Play here.

The other subscription box I was super excited about this winter was FabFitFun. This was my first time receiving one and I loved it! 
The box itself was super cute and I couldn't wait to dig in. And when I finally did, I was not disappointed. This box retails for $39.99 (after a $10 off code which is super easy to find). And the products inside are worth over $200. Definitely a good deal. I signed up for the seasonal boxes, so 4 per year.


The first thing I jumped to was Kate Somerville. I know this skincare line has a hefty price tag so I was ecstatic to see a full-sized ExfoliKate in here! Along with that were a full-sized Ahava hand cream and the Grace & Stella Anti-Wrinkle Energizing Eye Masks (set of 8). Perfect for taking care of your skin in the winter!
Values: Kate Somerville $75, Ahava $33, Grace & Stella $16


Next, there were a few "clothing" and accessory pieces. These amazing Pointe Studio socks are to die for. I've been wearing them non-stop since I opened this box. So soft and warm! I've been wearing the super cute rose gold necklace from 8 Other Reasons as well. I love pairing it with a button-down chambray shirt. Finally, I wasn't quite sure what the BB Dakota item was (a blanket maybe?) but once I unwrapped it and saw it was a poncho/wrap, I was thrilled. It's such a unique item and the perfect thing to throw on around the house or even a quick trip to grocery store.
Values: Pointe Studio $19, 8 Other Reasons $58, BB Dakota $70






The mug from Homemade by Ayesha Curry (hard to see in my original picture) is super cute and I've been using it on weekends when I drink my coffee/tea in bed. ;)
Value: Homemade $16

Finally, I saw a makeup palette, which I always get excited about. It's from Doucce Cosmetics and is their Freematic Face Palette in Nude (some people got Smokey). The palette includes 5 shimmer shadows, 3 matte shadows, and a highlighter. I swatched them below. I wasn't disappointed but I wasn't impressed either. For the cost value of this palette, I would expect better. But I've been using them for the past few weeks and the colors are great for everyday wear.
Value: Docce Cosmetics $70


Overall Value of the Winter box: $357!

Subscribe to FabFitFun here. And be sure to search for a $10 off code!


Let's enjoy winter!

💜 Sara

Comments