Snow Days and Taking Time

One thing I think we can all try harder on is slowing down and disconnecting from our technology more often. I stare at a computer all day long for my job and then usually when I get home my routine is to watch some Netflix and TV. It helps me unwind. But lately, I've been realizing how much time I spend every day staring at a screen. And I don't want my life to consist of that all the time.

A few books on my "To Be Read" list, along with my favorite tea, Wild Sweet Orange (Tazo)


I've always felt like I'm in this weird in-between when it comes to generation stereotypes. While I am a millennial, I was still part of that group of kids growing up who didn't have the internet at my fingertips 24/7. And cell phones were just phones. And I didn't get one til I could drive and it was for emergencies only. I still had to use all books for research papers in high school. In college, I never emailed in my papers or assignments. My parents refused to buy my sister and I any sort of gaming device and we were probably the last people in our neighborhood to get a DVD player.

Ikea hack gold shelf. I'm always rearranging the displays!

Because of these "limitations," I've always been an avid reader. I used to beg my parents to let me stay up for just one more chapter. And then I would hide under the covers and read more after lights out. But recently, with the way the world is now (social media, smartphones, tablets, even just headphones) it's uncomfortable for most people to just sit with no distractions and be ok. I can feel myself getting into this habit and I don't like it.

Loving my Hearth & Hand candle!

Like I said, I've always been an avid reader so picking it back up has made me realize how much I miss it! In Nashville, we've had a couple of snow days this month and it has felt so good and cozy to just sit under my blankets with some hot coffee and tea and read a whole book with no distractions. Am I reading classics or groundbreaking best sellers? Not usually. But no judgment. A book is a book.

Back detail of my shirt. Lace and silk. Originally from Anthropologie.
Bought from DressUp in Nashville.
I just bought these booties from a boutique called DressUp.





I am active on Goodreads and I love keeping track of my reading, rating my books, writing reviews, and setting goals. This year, I want to read 40 books. And I've already got 8 under my belt!

So take some time for yourself, away from any screens, and just read. Check out some of my favorites on my Goodreads Page!




Check out some of my favorite (and similar) things from this post!







Comments